Monday 27 August 2012

Vivi magazine (August, Malaysian edition)

*Click pics to enlarge* 

















Q&As from the previous Vivi post*click*:

That's so great you have in english! Do they make any other Gal mags in English? Like Popteen or Ranzuki, or Ageha?
In Malaysia, we only have Ray and Vivi mags in English, at the moment. Let's hope they come up with more!

Is the content the same as the japan edition?
I think the content is pretty similar, but the Malaysian edition is slightly thinner and is incorporated with bits and bobs of local information (eg. KL street style, hair tips etc).

Vivi in English? Wow, I need to get my hands on one. How is the translation inside? Accurate?
Pretty accurate! Vivi has way more pics than words, anyway, and many of the descriptions are short sentences like, "Wear oversized tee over a bodycon skirt", so they can't get that wrong and even if they do, it's still understandable.

**********************************************************************************


Many of you have expressed interest in getting your hands on a copy and some have even asked if I could do a Custom Purchase (CP) for you. I thought about this long and hard and have decided to do swaps instead of CP. I know how exciting it feels like to actually be able to read and understand the magazines and I really want to share this with you, especially the many of you whom have become my blogger friends.

I will admit I was a little hesitant because I am not sure how committed I can be and I don't want this to turn into one big mess! I chose to do swaps instead because doing a CP would require you to send me payment first (via Paypal) before I send the magazine out. And I understand that some people might be a bit iffy about that (I would be, too), but then again, since I'm not gaining anything and merely doing it as a favour, I didn't want to risk getting non-paying "customers" and losing not only money, but valuable time. Hopefully, a swap would be a little bit more fair on both sides.

To keep things in control, I'll only accept 3 swaps for the month of September. If you're interested, drop me an email at everydayoutfits11 [@] gmail [dot] com. I'll then get in touch and we'll proceed from there.

As of now, I don't yet know what I want to swap for because different countries offer different things. I'm pretty flexible, though, and may just want some candy from your country :)


12 comments:

  1. Sweet! I didn't realize they have English version now. I used to buy tons of Japanese magazines and rely solely on the pictures, hehe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy Joe Karpetz21 November 2012 at 16:00

    This magazine totally reminds me of how teen magazines looked in the 90s. AMAZING.

    x The Pretty Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that this is all in English, it's like a whole new world! I'm so used to buying the Japanese version where I understand nothing.


    www.diamondcanopy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Mag swaps seem like a really cool idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. the magazine swap is a great idea! every time i visit a different country or someone goes on holiday, i always try and get a fashion magazine or something! hehe!
    can't believe they do the english version which is great huh! thanks for sharing ^_^
    Krissy xoxo ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a pretty good idea. I'm not so sure with our customs though. Postal service in our country is REALLY SLOW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, in english :O?! Awesome haha, I've got two vivi's which I bought in Hong Kong such a pity that I cannot read chinese heheh...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The magazine seems so cool. ^^ Never heard of it before though. I can't wait to see your swaps with 3 different bloggers :3 I love reading them. ^^

    http://lifelivinginlondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://zairamsu.blogspot.com/21 November 2012 at 16:01

    love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it!
    @paquetevistasbi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave me a comment xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...