Monday 19 March 2012

Cure Natural Aqua Gel review

During my stay in the UK, I used to have pretty dry skin thanks to the weather. Some time last year, it got worse and some parts of my cheeks even started feeling a little crusty. I know it sounds horrible, but it wasn't visible, thankfully. However, when ever I touched my face, I could feel my skin was pretty rough. On the rare occasions where I applied foundation, I couldn't stop it from flaking. It took me a while to realize it wasn't the foundation, but my skin.

The worst thing was the moisturiser I've been using for several years suddenly seemed to stop working. No matter how much I applied, my skin refused to soak up the moisturiser and my skin still felt dry and crusty. I did some research and wondered if that was due to the build up of dead skin which created a layer that prevents my other skincare products from getting in.

The thing that saved my skin was the Cure Natural Aqua Gel.


The Cure Natural Aqua Gel is a peeling gel that helps remove dead skin. It's been around for awhile and there was much hype especially in 2006 and 2007. Several years later, it is still selling extremely well. Personally, I only heard about it through blog reviews. Nearly all of these reviews gave it stellar ratings!

Their famous tagline is, '1 sold every 20 seconds'. However, what sold me wasn't their impressive tag lines (stats) or that they were voted by a few magazines as the best exfoliator, but the raving reviews written by bloggers who have personally tried and tested it out.


It prides itself in being an exfoliant made with natural ingredients. In fact, it's water-based. It has no colouring, no preservatives, no fragrance and no alcohol. I'm not much of a beauty nut, though I've started taking better care of my skin the past few years and even I know that something as natural as that can't be bad for the skin.

How I use it:

One pump of Cure Natural Aqua Gel

1) After cleansing, I make sure my face is dry because the gel works best on dry skin. I use two pumps to cover my entire face. I leave it for about 5 seconds.

Rub the Cure Aqua Gel for about 30 seconds

2) Then, I very gently rub in circular motions. The gel would quickly turn into water and if you applied too much, it might start trickling down your face. Just continue rubbing for about 30 seconds on each side and the water will dry up a little bit.

Flakes formed after rubbing Cure Natural Aqua Gel

3) Flakes will form and these flakes carry my dead skin. The final step would be to rinse my face thoroughly.

Cure Natural Aqua Gel on a table surface

Like many, I doubted the effectiveness of it. I wondered whether the little flakes would appear even if used on any surface. I tried it on the table and after 30seconds of rubbing, nothing appeared (as above). No flakes, nothing, just a tiny puddle of water.



Like all new products, I try to get a sample or at least test it on a small patch of skin first to make sure I don't get an allergic reaction/break out. I managed to get my hands on 2 sample satchets and I am not joking when I say that I saw results, instantly. I was super impressed with it. My face felt really clean after using this and the best part is, the crustiness was gone. After one use. I kid you not. I was SO happy, I immediately went online to get a full bottle!

My skin doesn't feel tight as it doesn't dry out my skin at all. I have tried using scrubs before and I especially hate those with exfoliating beads in them. I know many people swear by those invigorating scrubs that have tiny particles scratching away at the surface of your skin, but to me, those are too harsh. I wouldn't dare to use those thing as I feel it's way too abrasive on my skin. The Cure Aqua Gel is gentle enough for me! It made my skin smooth again.

According to their website, you can even use it on your body. I used it a couple of times on my elbows and knees until I got too lazy.

I have been using this for more than half a year and I'm definitely going to continue using it for a long, long time. Seriously, no regrets in buying this.

24 comments:

  1. I have been using this product for over a year and it is STILL my very favorite beauty product ever!  It is amazing, and it exfoliates so well that I feel confident that any serums or moisturizers I use after it are being better absorbed into my skin.  Plus, it's fun to use (in the 'ewww, look at all that dead skin' kind of way) and makes my skin feel GREAT!  LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh a cheaper version which works just as well? I might give it a try after mine's done

    ReplyDelete
  3.  It really is! I'm still using it, too! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow where'd you get this Joey? I tried looking for it when I was in HK but had no luck. I use the apple exfoliating mask from TonyMoly which is like this too, but it's a cream texture. I wish I could get my hands on this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree, blogger reviews are what i trust most! too much enabling going on thru blog reading hahaha like how i really want this after reading your review!! it works amazingly well on u. omg must hunt this down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review Joey, very detailed and helpful! I think I have seen this on a blog before but probably never read it. I understand what you mean, the UK winter can be very harsh! This is such an interesting product, I think I would love to try this as I also dislike scrubbing the beads on my face, it's so harsh! I get some flaky skin too, but mainly between my brows. 
    How did you get the samples and where did you buy the full-sized product? Do you mind sharing the links? :) Hope you are well my dear! xX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard about this a while ago too! I really wanted to try recently but, I forgot the name and such. Gah, thank goodness you wrote this maybe I'll try it some time soon!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the review on this, I too hate the exfoliating beads in my facial cleanser since I noticed I broke out more. I heard about this but never bothered to look into it till reading your review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow it look so nice Joey!  I really want to try this <3 <3, thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome! I've seen this at my Japanese store but it's so pricey!! which shop did you get yours from? :3

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's one of my favorite products <3 i always use this when i see dry spots on my face.. :D its nice that you can use this on your body as well ^^ definitely going to buy this again when i'm done with my current one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohh amazing!! i've never heard of this product will have to check it out.. i'm going to taipei soon i'm so going to see if i can find this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never heard of this either! Must have to check it out! Thanks for sharing ;)

    xohttp://hautecouture3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thats amazing... never heard about it - but have to checkit out...

    Join my new JIMMY CHOO GIVEAWAY

    Tanja - PureGlam.tv or via Bloglovin
     

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seems like a great product but there's plenty of other brands with the same effect that at times I don't knwo which to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have this in my bathroom too! It's great to use it once a week or whenever I feel dry rough skin building up!

    You're so detailed in your photo review!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard of this before and have tried something similar from a different brand and really enjoyed it. Is it safe to use daily though?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay. Seriously. EVERYONE has been raving about this which means I must add it to my "to try" list, looks awesome so far and much more gentle than the exfoliaters with beads in them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've heard a lot of good reviews on this too! I haven't tried it myself yet, but it's definitely on my shoppin list. Right now I'm using a similar gel exfoliator from Sasa that does the same thing, but I'd like to get this one next :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! really?!
    i doubted this product too. I might have to try this now! thanks for the review and for convincing me (finally) to get one hehe

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh cool!!  It looks so gentle yet effective.  I was fascinated with the flakes hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  22. that sounds good. Good testing you did here!!!!

    xoxo HitomiNeko xoxo
    http://hitomineko-hn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the review. I have been wondering how great this product is... I wasn't sure if it was gentle enough for sensitive skin so I might give it go...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this really sounds amazing! I could try that one out :) xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave me a comment xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...