Saturday 13 August 2011

Featured on Shasie's blog


Sorry updates have been a little slow lately. I'm getting progressively busier as the deadline for my dissertation draws closer.

On top of that, I'm sure most of you have heard about the recent UK riots. When I'm not working on my research, I'm monitoring the news, Twitter and Facebook for updates. The BBC channel was pretty much on throughout the day so I could keep an ear out on the news. It's a terribly sad thing that has happened and it upsets me to watch videos of victims telling their stories. It makes me so mad that people could do this!

I know how it feels to watch news like that on the telly and go, "How terrible!", but to actually be here and worry that your city will be hit next is an entirely different experience. When there's so much worry and rumour-mongering going on and you have worried relatives calling you to tell you to stock up on food and stay indoors, it does interrupt your daily routine, even though people have said that we should not have to live in fear. Well, to be honest, I was too angry to be afraid.

Thankfully, my city wasn't hit and we remain as one of the safest cities in the UK. Thank you to those who checked on me to make sure I was okay. I really appreciate that.

Let's move on to some happier news, shall we? :)

*abrupt change*


I've been featured on Shasie's blog at Live-live-in-style.com! If you're interested in finding out what I like best about fashion blogging, whether I would consider a full-time career in fashion, which city I would like to fly out to right now or if you simply just want to hear me ramble on and on, just click here*click* to go to the feature interview.

Actually, even if you don't really care about what I have to say *tsk* (only joking), you should still check out Shasie's blog because that woman has great fashion sense and she's the sweetest and friendliest fashion blogger I know.

Thank you, Shasie, for interviewing me! I really enjoyed doing the questions.


11 comments:

  1. Glad you are okay and they leave your city alone!
    Those gangs are really stupid :( not only they destroy shops but also
    the innocent people around London..
    Congratz with getting featured btw!

    xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dear, glad to hear that you're well. I'm not too sure which part of UK you're staying at. I feel so angry reading the news and I'm so clueless as to how it all started. Yeah I know it's about the killing of a 29 year-old man but I don't get why the riots started and spread.

    I clicked onto the interview entry with shasie and the first biodata about you that caught me was your surname "Wong" and your name is Joey Wong. The same as that ethereal HK beauty Joey Wong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so welcome!!! I enjoyed learning more about you! Glad you like the questions. I try to change them up week to week :-).  And also glad to hear that things are still going ok for you in the UK with all that nonsense! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being featured :] And glad that you're okay. I don't watch the news but I heard about the riots from other sources. 

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a pretty photo! and YAY on the feature!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. great interview over at Shasie's blog!
    XX Ilana
    http://mymodernvintagefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good interview, and yes those riots was horrible. My husband is in Ealing London, and you can be sure I freaked out when I heard that the rioters was on his street.  Luckily he and his house and family are all oki.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh.... I really don't get  how these youngsters think. Don't they have enough maturity to know what's right and wrong?

    My nickname used to be Joey in the past too coz people shortened it to Jo and they you know some people don't like one-syllable name and so added an ëe being Jo. Hence Joey. But now I'm just Jo or Jolene. Hmm... I wonder what's your real name? Jocelyn? Josephine? Endless possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are safe and remain so. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you're safe. =) That's really what matters. Congrats on the interview by the way! I'm looking forward to reading it! 

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely commented on this post when it was first up? Did Disqus mess up? People have been commenting on my blog and it isn't showing...:-/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave me a comment xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...